- The making of mortgage loans. Bloomberg Financial Dictionary
* * *origination o‧rig‧i‧na‧tion [əˌrɪdʒˈneɪʆn] noun [uncountable]1. FINANCE the process of arranging and supplying a loan, especially a mortgage (= loan for buying a house):
• the loan origination and funding functions of banks
• An origination fee is generally charged.2. the work involved in making something from the beginning through to the finished product:
• How efficiently can our organization implement an idea from origination to commercialization?
• The group incurred heavy origination costs in developing its video catalogue.
* * *origination UK US /əˌrɪdʒɪˈneɪʃən/ noun [U]► BANKING, FINANCE the process of arranging a new loan or investment: origination fee/cost »
The credit union announced that it would no longer charge an origination fee for loans.»
Profits from the mortgage origination business will probably slow in the near term.► the process of starting or developing something, or causing it to happen: »
Our business is product design and origination.► the time or place at which something begins: »
Drop-down boxes made it simple to pick origination and destination cities for the flight.
Financial and business terms. 2012.